Sunday, November 25, 2012

Decorating!

Hello everyone!  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are now safely back at home, school, or wherever your destination was!  I had an absolutely wonderful time at home and now I am back on campus, ready for the final weeks of the semester.  We only have two more weeks of classes, one week of finals, then it will be Christmas break.  I think most students here at SMC are feeling a combination of stress and excitement for the coming weeks.  As a way to help ease our transition back to school, my roommate Emma and I decided to spend some time decorating our room.  We did this last year and decided we must do it again this year!  Emma spent some quality time over break making some of the best paper snowflakes I have ever seen!  I also got a mini wreath when I was home.  Since our windows are pretty high, we had to move my bed and dresser around in order to hang up the wreath.  It was quite an adventure but definitely worth it!
 
Emma and I were very excited to finally be able to
put up our Let it Snow jellies that we bought a few weeks ago!

 We were very happy with our windows, but that wasn't the end of our decorating.  While going through decorations last year over Christmas break I found a huge stocking and have been saving it for our room ever since!
As part of our decorations last year, Emma and I bought mini stockings to go on our door:

Even though Emma's birthday was a few weeks ago, we're apparently still celebrating :)
 
Last but not least, every set of Christmas decorations has to have some bells!
As small as they may seem, these decorations definitely help to make our room feel even more like a home away from home.  Emma and I are so excited for Christmas and I hope you are too!

As always, thanks for reading my blog and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment