Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Home For the Weekend

Hello everyone!  Can't believe it's already Wednesday - this week is going by so quickly!  Here's a quick update on what's been going on for me.  Saint Mike's students had this past Friday off so I took advantage of the long weekend to go home and see my family for a few days.  I spent a lot of time (probably too much) thinking about whether or not I really wanted to make the trip since I would be home for such a short time and spring break is in a few weeks, but I'm so glad I did it.  As I've said before, being away at college makes me appreciate my family and all the comforts of home so much more than I used to, so it was really nice to have the ability to go home for the weekend!  I didn't too anything too exciting, but I did get to spend some quality time with my family (and my goats, of course) and I returned to SMC on Sunday night feeling refreshed and ready for a new week ahead.  As many of you know, I absolutely love snow, so I would say one of the highlights of being home was waking up on Saturday morning to a snowy view from my window:


And if you follow me on Twitter you may have seen this:

Clearly the SMC squirrels followed me home!
As I mentioned, I returned to SMC on Sunday night.  I spent the night doing some homework and hearing about my friends' weekends.  This week has been pretty busy for me (maybe that's why it's going so quickly!), but I would definitely say one of the most exciting things was giving my first tour of the semester!  Three lovely girls from Massachusetts were on my tour.  It was great to have such nice people help me get back into the swing of things and remind me how much I missed giving tours!

I'm off to babysit in South Burlington, but I wanted to give a special shoutout to everyone in Massachusetts who has vacation this week - have a blast!  And best of luck with your college search!  If you decide to make SMC your new home next fall, I can't wait to meet you! :)

As always, thanks for reading my blog and have a great day!
Merrill

PS Parents of accepted students - there is a special Parent KnightChat tonight at 7:30 - click here to register for it so you can ask any questions you might have about SMC!Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment