Saturday, May 5, 2012

Update!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you an update on the past week.  This past weekend started off with the MLK Talent Show on Friday night.  I'd heard a lot about it during the year, so it was definitely something I didn't want to miss.  I'm so happy I went because it was totally awesome! Check out some of the awesome talent we have here at SMC:


This is Tim Nagy, one of my fellow first-years, performing Blackbird.


Here's a cover of Breakeven by The Script, one of my favorite bands!

The entire night was filled with talent and I'm so excited to see what next year's show will be like!


As you may know, last weekend was P-Day.  I actually worked it with a few of my friends which was really fun.  My friend Alex and I monitored one of the inflatable obstacle courses together.  It was so fun to watch everyone's excitement as they went down the slide at the end!  When we were allowed to take some breaks, we immediately went to the food tent, where there were tons of options, my favorites being The Skinny Pancake and Ben & Jerry's.
Alex, me, and Lauren enjoying the food tent!
Alex, me, Amelia, the other Alex (my blogger inspiration), and Cait, all ready to work!
After all the fun with food & inflatables, we had a few hours to relax and get ready for the rest of the evening, so a few of my friends and I decide to just chill and watch He's Just Not That Into You.  What a fantastic movie!
After the movie, it was time for the comedian.  SMC's very own Kit Rivers (check out her website here) performed and it was absolutely hilarious!  Afterwards, it was time for the craziest part of the day: MidKnight Breakfast in Alliot.  As soon as Kit's show was over, everyone headed over to Alliot to get some delicious breakfast food such as eggs, bacon, cereal, muffins, and much more.  Everyone was so crazy and happy.  Overall, P-Day ended up being a great day to relax and have fun before everyone settled in to study for finals, most of which are this upcoming week.

Last night my friends and I went to Burlington and tonight we're going to see a Christina Perri concert, so stayed tuned for a post about that!
As always, thanks for reading and have a great rest of weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment