Saturday, September 22, 2012

Roommate Bonding

Happy Saturday everyone!! Hope you all had a great week.  I gave my first tour of the year last Saturday and it was fantastic!  So happy to be able to share my love of Saint Mike's with prospective students.

As for the rest of the week, it was pretty crazy.  I went to Zumba for the first time this year - it was so great to get back into it after having missed it all summer!  But more importantly, I feel that amidst all the craziness of classes and activites, my roommate Emma and I were really able to bond this week.  Although we've been good friends (and roommates) since last year, I think that sharing the different things going on in our lives this week helped us become closer in a new and special way.  I have really realized this week that whenever I need to vent about something or just talk about my day, Emma is there for me.  This week I have especially enjoyed how we seem to become chattier once we turn off the lights and say we're going to bed. :)

Another great thing about being roommates with Emma is that we are very compatible in terms of our living styles, but we also do more than just live together.  For example, last night we had a "roommate date" which consisted of doing errands and going to see the movie The Trouble With the Curve.  We both loved the movie and it was so great to just hang out and talk since our lives are usually so busy during the week that it's hard to stop and take a breath sometimes.

To top it off, Emma and I have our musical differences, but there are a good number of artists that we both enjoy.  This morning we listened to some Jason Mraz while getting ready for breakfast, so I wanted to show you one of my favorites:

 
In case you couldn't tell, I love having Emma as my roommate and I'm so happy the wonderful Saint Mike's Res Life staff paired us together!  I hope all our new first-years are having good rooommate experiences, and I hope that next year's students will have a great experience as well! 
Here's a picture of Emma and me from a few weeks ago:
 
 
Hope everyone has a great weekend, and as always, thanks for reading my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment