Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Living at Saint Mike's

Hey everyone! So yesterday I walked into the bathroom on my floor and was greeted by some lovely sticky notes on the mirror and door.  Here are some pictures:





This is just one indicator of the pure awesomeness of the girls who live on my floor.  My room and my floor have really become my home away from home this year, and I could not have asked for a better group of girls to share it with.  Although we only had floor meetings during the first semester, they were seriously some of the best times I've had at SMC.  Each meeting focused on a different topic and created great conversation that allowed us to become closer and learn things about each other that we hadn't known before.  I ended up sharing some things about myself that I never imagined I would've talked about in front of almost 30 girls.  The best part was that I didn't feel forced to talk, and I knew that everyone respected me for what I said.
As mentioned, we only had floor meetings during the first semester, but that doesn't stop us from socializing with each other!  One of my favorite parts of living on a floor (rather than in a secluded room with just my roommate) is the random interactions my floormates have with one another.  Last semester especially, most of us had our doors open all the time, which made it really easy to say hi and make connections with the people we lived with.  Now that many of us have established a group of friends, we spend a lot of our time with them.  However, I always love when conversations sporadically start when a few girls happen to be in the hallway at the same time.

While we're on the topic of where I live at school, I thought I'd show you a few pictures of my room!

Here's our door, decorated with a spring-colored paper chain! The sign says "Welcome to the Purple Palace" because Emma and I both love purple!  The white board says "Welcome home Merrill! We missed you!" since I was gone this past weekend. Such a great thing to come back to!

Here's my desk - where I do all the work I don't do in the library!

My mom got me a mattress pad at the beginning of the year, so I have to say this is the most comfortable bed in the whole world!  As you can, I really like to decorate my walls!

Here's my closet - lots of room as you can see! I have bed risers under my bed, so I take advantage of the storage space as well.

So there you have it! I absolutely love living in my room and with the girls on my floor!  Let me know if you have any questions about living at SMC.  Also, at the end of every tour there is a great video showing the different housing options we have, so be sure to check it out if you tour!  Thanks for reading, and have a great day! :)

PS Be sure to check out my friend Lauren's blog about the sticky notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment