Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Crazy Week!

Hey everyone! This has been one of the craziest weeks of my semester so I thought I'd tell you all about it.  Since Sunday was Easter, SMC students got to have a long weekend!  I love going home to visit my family, so that's what I ended up doing.  On Monday afternoon I drove back to Vermont and went right to the airport to pick up my roommate Emma who went to Washington D.C. to spend Easter with her sister and family.  I had never been to the airport before, but I followed the signs once I got off the highway and found it very easily.
Right as Emma and I pulled into campus, I realized something horrible. I forgot my keys (to my room and my mailbox) AND my Knightcard at home in New Hampshire.  After a moment of freaking out, I called my mom to see if she could ship my keys overnight.  She said she would, and I was so thankful!  I was also extremely thankful that I was with Emma because if I wasn't, I wouldn't have any way of getting in my building or my room!
After Emma and I unpacked, we went with our friend Alex to pick up our friend Caitlin at the airport.  When we all got back, we went to Alliot for dinner, and Emma very nicely used one of her guest swipes for me.  Each freshman's meal plan has unlimited Alliot swipes for themselves and five guest swipes per semester for any visitors they may have (or someone like me who forgot their Knightcard!).

On Tuesday morning before breakfast, Emma came with me to the Student Life office to see what we could do about my lack of keys and Knightcard.  They were very nice and gave me a key to borrow until mine came in the mail.  They also gave me card that gave me access to the main doors of the dorm buildings.  I was so excited; I felt like I had my freedom back!

Wednesday was an important day for me because I registered for my classes for next semester.  I got up at 6:45 to be ready for the 7:00 registration.  I was SO nervous!  However after pressing the submit button and waiting for two minutes, my results came back and I found out I got into all the classes I wanted!  I don't remember ever feeling that much relief in my life.  The classes I registered for are: General Chemistry I (I'm considering minoring in Chemistry so I wanted to take another chemistry class next semester)
Social Psychology (which fulfills a requirement for my major)
Research Methods (kind of like statistics for psych majors, also fulfills a requirement)
Intro to Anthropology (fulfills a general Liberal Studies Requirement, or LSR)
I am very happy with my schedule and excited to start my new classes in the fall!

When I got out of class on Wednesday, I checked my e-mail right away and saw that I had a package in the mailroom.  I rushed over and explained my situation.  Normally you need to show your Knightcard when you have a package, but seeing as I didn't have mine, I was allowed to show my license instead.  As expected, the package had my keys and Knightcard and I could not have been happier!  I felt like I had my freedom back.  Also, this meant I would no longer have to use people's guest swipes in order to get into Alliot.
Also on Wednesday, I found out I got a 94 on my most recent philosophy exam, which I was SO happy about!  To top it all off, I had Liturigcal Choir practice, which is always a blast!  All in all, Wednesday was just a fantastic day!

Compared to the rest of my week, today wasn't too eventful, but that's ok with me!  After class I spent some time in the library doing homework, and then I went to Zumba, which was awesome as usual.  Afterwards, I relaxed and watched my favorite show, Grey's Anatomy and packed because this weekend I'm going to Boston to visit my friend Val and go to a Hot Chelle Rae concert!  Here's their latest music video for their song called Honestly:


As you know from my fun facts, concerts are one of my favorite things to do, so I'm beyond excited.  I'll be sure to blog about my weekend soon!

Hope everyone had a great Easter and a great week!  Thanks so much for reading my blog and let me know if you have any questions by commenting at the bottom of this post or asking me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment