Before choosing a college, I know I wanted to get a glimpse into what a typical day would be like. So I decided I would share with my wonderful readers what a normal week looks like in the life of Merrill:
- Wake up around 8, get ready for breakfast at 9:15
- Intro to Philosophy class from 9:50-10:50
- Concepts of Chemistry from 11-12:50 (This is longer than a normal class period, but it's only held twice a week!)
- Lunch around 1:15
- Middle School Mentors (MSM) from 3:15~5:45
- Dinner (with my mentee) then more work until bedtime!
- Wake up around 8, get ready for breakfast at 9:15 (so nice to be able to wake up at the same time every day!)
- Macroeconomics from 9:50-11:20 (with one of my favorite professors, Reza)
- Aftermaths from 11:30-1
- Lunch around 1
- Library, the place where I get the most work done, for the rest of the afternoon!
- Dinner, then more work until bed
- Same class schedule as Monday!
- After class, I usually go to the library until dinner at 6
- Liturgical Choir at 6:30 - one of my favorite times of the week!
Overall, the trip was really tiring (we didn't get too much sleep because of all the fun we had) but so amazing and I can't wait to go again next year!!
|Here's the whole group at one of the high schools we sang at. Like the "Nun Better" in the background? :)|
|Some of my wonderful Lit Choir friends - Amelia, Emma, and Alex (and me on the end!)|
- Same class schedule as Tuesday!
- After dinner, I go to Zumba from 6:30-7:45
FRIDAY (One of my favorite days of the week!)
- Wake up around 8, breakfast at 9:15
- Intro to Philosophy from 9:50-10:50
- FREEDOM! (Since philosophy is my only class on Fridays, I have the rest of the day to do whatever I wish!)
- Homework or other odd jobs in my room until lunch around 1:15, then back to homework for the rest of the day until dinner
- After dinner, my friends and I all do something together. Depending on the weekend, this could be something as exciting as going into Burlington or just relaxing and watching movies in our room. If we're not sure what we want to do, we alwyas have the option to go to one of the dorm socials that are held every weekend by different RA's. The socials have activities ranging from different kinds of food to tye-dyeing to Easter Egg Hunts in the dorm buildings.
- Hopefully sleep in!
- Brunch whenever we feel like it (usually around 11 or 12)
- Homework until dinner, then something fun just like Friday night!
- Hopefully sleep in again, unless we decide we want to go out to breakfast. My friends and I normally like to treat ourselves to breakfast in Burlington about once a month. It's really nice to get off campus and have some delicious food out on the town!
- Homework until dinner (depending on how much I have)
- Dinner at 5
- Lit Choir practice at 5:30, then Mass from 7-8
- More homework or some relaxation before bed in order to get ready to do it all again!
Hope reading about my weekly schedule was helpful, and don't hesitate to ask me any questions by commenting at the bottom of this post! Have a great week everyone!