Saturday, April 7, 2012

MFF's continued

Hello again!  I wanted to continue talking about Merrill Fun Facts because in my last post I left out a very important one - I love cows.  Naturally, I love the fact that there are cows in the Ben & Jerry's logo.  Speaking of Ben & Jerry's, you may have read my friend Alex's blog about Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's this past Tuesday.  During the day, the Ben & Jerry's truck actually visited Saint Mike's and gave out free frozen yogurt.  Alex and I love ice cream so much that we decided to take a trip to Burlington to the Ben & Jerry's shop that night.  Here's a picture of their awesome cow bench :)



There were a lot of people, but everyone was extremely nice and the line moved surprisingly quickly.  We were able to get our delicious ice cream in no time.  More importantly, the time we spent waiting in line gave us an opportunity to just hang out and talk, which is something we hadn't done in a while.

Happy as can be with our free ice cream!

For those of you who don't know, Alex is the first friend I made at SMC.  We met on POW, which stands for Pre-Orientation Weekend.  (You can learn more about the different summer programs SMC offers here).  If you read my last post, you will remember that I was concerned about maintaining my relationships with friends at home once I got to college.  Another one of my worries was making new friends that I could love just as much as the old ones.  Since coming to SMC, I have found great friends that I'm sure I will know for the rest of my life.  Alex is definitely one of these friends and I encourage anyone who decides to come to SMC to participate in one of their great summer programs to get a head start on the process of meeting new people while having tons of fun!

Thanks so much for reading and let me know if you have any questions.  And don't forget to follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment